For those who don’t know, AOL Mail Server is America’s open source web server. Also, it is one of the most crucial businesses and leading environments in the world. One of the most important functions of the AOL Server is that it includes complete database integration and a dynamic page scripting language.
N short, AOL Mail Server is that one this which makes using AOL easier and convenient. AOL Mail Server is a multithreaded, Tcl-enabled, massively-scalable and extensible web server tuned for large scale, dynamic web sites.
AOL Mail Server details
Apart from that, the versions of AOL Mail Server port have also been upgraded by the system time and above. Given below are the versions of AOL Email Server which have been upgraded by the system so far. It starts from the oldest one, gradually moving towards the current version.
- The latest stable 3.4.x version is 3.4.2 released 18 September 2001.
- The latest stable 3.5.x version is 3.5.11 released 17 October 2003.
- The latest stable 4.0.x version is 4.0.10 released 18 January 2005.
- The latest stable 4.5.x version is 4.5.0 released 27 June 2006.
- Current development (CVS HEAD) is 4.5.0.
Apart from that, you might also want to know that the AOL Mail Server is hosted at SourceForge and if you wish to download them, the file releases are also available for download in the AOL server Project Filelist.
Apart from that, you can find AOL Server at various platforms. W have also provided below a list of the operating systems in which you are likely to find the AOL Server.
- Linux 2.2 (i386), 2.4 and 2.6
- Windows 95/98/NT/2K/XP (i386) (partially supported, see #6)
- FreeBSD 3.4, 5, 6 (i386)
- OpenBSD 2.5 (i386)
- UnixWare 7.x (i386)
- DEC Tru64 & OSF/1 4.0 (alpha)
- Solaris 2.x (Sparc), Solaris 2.10 (x86)
- HP/UX 10 & 11 (hppa)
- Irix 6.x (mips)
- Apple MacOS X 10.3 (ppc), 10.4 (ppc)
The AOL Mail Server is licensed and distributed via the AOLserver Public License. If you wish to view this license, you can have a look at it at the link we have provided. You can also click on the link to get easily redirected http://aolserver.com/license/ .
AOL Mail server Settings
However, not everyone knows when to and when not to use the AOL Mail Server settings iPad. Given below is a list of situations and circumstances that we have mentioned in which using AOL Mail Server is appropriate and it is not.
- It is appropriate to use AOL Server when you want to use your machine hardware resources. This is because of the fact that AOL server is highly configurable. And due to this property of the AOL, the system eventually supports you for running big machines.
- As mentioned above, AOL is highly configurable. Hence, using AOL is also appropriate when you want to run a website plan that makes a heavy use of one or more databases.
- Using AOL server is also ideal when you want to cache a lot of your static files in your AOL server’s memory.
- The AOL server has never been too much of a hassle. When you wish to run or code your apps on a well-tested, multi-threaded server architecture, AOL gives you the right platform.
Apart from that, using AOL server is inappropriate in many circumstances such as
- When you want to do virtual hosting for multiple customers.AOL is not completely ideal for dynamic content.
- You are also not regarded to use AOL when the code you have entered is not threaded safe.
- When your main application makes heavy use of CGI-tools.
You can also get back to us with further more of your AOL problems such as the AOL Mail Server Down and the AOL Mail Server Not Respond.