After creating an email ID, My AOL Account was something that became really easy to manage and operate. Apart from that, there are a lot of things that I didn’t know about AOL and got to know as time passed and I started using AOL Account. Because the only thing I had to do was My AOL account login and done.
So, this article is basically written so that I can share with you the ways in which AOL has helped me. And, along with that, I also aim at providing solutions to a few problems that I tend to face on My AOL Account and would not want you to be repeating the same.
My AOL Account features
Given below are the few services out of many that I started getting access to once I joined and created My AOL Account.
- Unlimited emails
- Send larger files
- Extra benefits of subscription
- Free and easy to use.
Apart from that, once you go on seeing your AOL account, you will be astonished to see the ways in which it makes everything better. After I got started with AOL email myself, I could see the convenience that was brought to me by AOL Account.
Also, if I had any problem with My AOL Account, the one thing that I could be sure of is that I could talk to the customer care and get my problem solved in absolutely no time on My AOL Account. The customer services are always there for your help 24/7.
My AOL Account was hacked
So a few months ago, My AOL Account was hacked. And although I did create a new account, I would want to help you in ensuring that the same thing doesn’t happen to you. So, given below are a few signs that will help you suspect some unusual activities on your account or signs that your account has been hacked.
- You get a message from AOL saying that “We have detected some unusual activity on your account”
- People on your contact list are getting emails from your behalf which you haven’t even sent.
- Some/many of your account folders have been deleted or completely emptied.
- Your contact list has been erased.
- You are unable to send emails on your behalf as well.
- Your password configuration is being asked continuously.
Also, in my case, My AOL Account was canceled due to the unusual activities that were seen on my behalf. And the very reason for this was the fact that my account had been hacked.
AOL Account Saftey Options
Also, just so that the condition of your account doesn’t get anywhere near to AOL Account sign in, given below are the few tips that I have provided in order to avoid getting hacked.
- First of all, the best way to keep your account safe is by keeping a strong password protection and a security question that is easy for you to remember but near to impossible for others to guess.
- Your account is your own and one of the few things that belong just to you. So avoid sharing your password with nearly anyone.
- “Keep me informed” is one hell of a setting that you must always activate your account so that sign in or any activity from a different location or different device will be notified.
- Set-up a two-factor authentication.
- Always sign out once you are done checking your emails. No matter how personal your computer or another device is. One must always sign out of their account I order to get access to their account.
- Last and most important, avoid clicking on links and opening files that have been sent to you by some unsuspicious email address.